Artist Residency Programme 2020
Call for Applications, Open thru 30 Sept.
The Arthouse Foundation is an artist residency programme that takes place in the city of Lagos, Nigeria, offering residency for two artists simultaneously throughout the year in three-month sessions. The Arthouse Foundation aims to encourage the creative development of contemporary art in Nigeria by providing a platform for artists to expand their practice and experiment with new forms and ideas.
This call for applications is open to local and international visual artists who wish to engage a new artistic project within the city of Lagos. Each session, artists are provided with a live/work studio as well as a budget for materials and monthly living stipend. Artists develop a new artistic project that is exhibited at the end of the residency programme. Artists will also engage with the public through a workshop, artist talk and final exhibition.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Arthouse Foundation will provide the selected artists a live/work studio space in the Ikoyi neighborhood of Lagos, Nigeria, for the duration of their residency.
- The Arthouse Foundation will provide a monthly living stipend of NGN 50,000, and a one-time production stipend of
- The Arthouse Foundation will provide Wifi, cable television, a weekly cleaner, and live-in security post.
- The Arthouse Foundation will provide a visa letter to international participants. Artists are responsible for visa costs.
- Artists are responsible for airfare.
- Artists will participate in public programs including a workshop, Artist Talk, and Final Exhibition. Sales from the exhibition will be split 50/50 with the Arthouse Foundation.
- Artists will donate one artwork to the Arthouse Foundation at the end of the residency.
Winter Session: January 13-April 12, 2020
Spring Session: April 27-July 26, 2020
Fall Session: September 7-December 6, 2020
Applications open until 30 September, 2019.
Click here for more information and to apply.